We have outstanding workshops for all the trades we cover in Dearne Valley College.
As a Construction student at Dearne Valley College, you will have access to a wide variety of trade-based workshops that reflect real working environments.
We house industry-standard equipment designed to help you build the skills and confidence needed to hit the ground running in the Construction industry.
You will have access to workshops tailored to:
In our purpose-built workshops, you will be able to learn a variety of in-demand skills in a range of Construction specialisms, such as:
– Walls (solid, cavity, and piers)
– Brick bonding
– Trowel skills
– Decorative fireplaces and chimney stacks
Carpentry and Joinery
– Timber (technology, flooring and roofing techniques)
– Modern truss
– Kitchen fitting
– Building partition walls
– Fitting door linings and doors
– Wiring installations and terminations
– Fabrication techniques
– Environmental and sustainable measure in domestic dwellings
– Fixing sheet materials
– Preparing background surfaces and mix
– Applying plaster materials
– Casting and fixing
– Laying sand and cement screeds
Painting and Decorating
– Decorative finished
– Paint systems
– Construction technology
– Pipe fabrication (Copper, low carbon, plastic)
– Hot and cold-water system installation and maintenance techniques
– Domestic systems (rainwater, drainage)
The workshop at Dearne Valley College is a safe and clean environment, where every student and member of staff undertakes continuous health and safety training. This includes a health and safety induction and training before using specialised equipment and tools. Students are also expected to wear personal protective equipment (PPE), which includes safety boots and high visibility vests.