WHAT IS DISTANCE LEARNING?
Distance learning allows you to do just that – study at a distance, wherever you want, whenever you want – you don’t have to be based local to us or travel to any of our campuses, you simply plug in and progress with your chosen course with support from our Distance Learning team. Study in the comfort of your own home and flexibly around your existing commitments, at a pace that suits you.
With a variety of subject areas for you to choose from including health and social care, mental health, education and training, nutrition and health and business management, we can help you gain the skills that matter the most to you. Whether you’re looking to update or upskill for an existing job, or take a first step towards a new career, these courses can help you, whatever your needs.
Our distance learning courses are:
FREE – As long as you meet our eligibility criteria, our distance learning courses are free to access
FLEXIBLE – With no classes or exams you can fit your study around your lifestyle
TRUSTED – Our distance learning courses are accredited by CACHE, one of the UK’s leading awarding organisations.
FAST – Because you’re not constrained by class schedules you can complete these courses as quickly as suits you. All courses must be completed within 2 – 4 months depending on the modules.
We set time-limits on the length of time you have to complete our courses:
- 2 modules – 9 weeks
- 3 modules – 13 weeks
- 4 modules – 17 weeks
To be eligible to undertake our free distance learning courses you must meet the below criteria:
- Living in the UK and aged 19+
- If you are aged 19-23 you must hold a full Level 2 qualification and not currently enrolled on an apprenticeship
- Aged 24 or above – free to everyone
Please Note: Due to funding restrictions, we are unable to offer funded courses to individuals who live in the following devolved regions:
- Greater Manchester Combined Authority
- Liverpool City Region Combined Authority
- Cambridgeshire & Peterborough Combined Authority
- Cornwall Combined Authority
- Greater London Combined Authority
- North of Tyne Combined Authority
- Tees Valley Combined Authority
- West of England Combined Authority
- West Yorkshire Combined Authority
- West Midlands Combined Authority
Please contact your local authority to find a training provider in your area.
For more information on our distance learning courses, please contact 01709 513213 or email: Distancelearning@rnngroup.ac.uk