We are pleased to be delivering T Levels from September 2024.
T Levels offer a mixture of classroom learning and an industry placement of 315 hours (45 days), where you will be fully integrated into the workplace.
Applicants for Level 3 courses will be accepted onto either a Level 3 course or a T Level, dependent on grades. Please follow the links below to apply.
T Levels are two year technical programmes, designed with employers, to give young people the practical skills and knowledge that industries need.
The ‘T’ stands for technical and they are an alternative to A Levels. One T Level is the equivalent of 3 A Levels and they are assessed using a mixture of practical tasks, projects and exams. Learners achieving a T Level will get a nationally recognised certificate which employers will use as evidence in their recruitment.
We will be offering T Levels in:
- Agriculture and Animal Care
Once a T Level is completed, learners will be able to progress onto:
- A skilled occupation
- Higher or degree level apprenticeships
- Further study including Higher Technical Qualifications or Higher Education
T Level qualifications are a composite technical study programme, aimed at preparing young people for work, higher level apprenticeships or higher education (HE).
T Levels comprise of 3 key components:
- An approved technical qualification (TQ),
- A substantial industry placement with an external employer
- Employability, enrichment and pastoral (EEP) elements
Studying a T Level means that learners will be able to develop core skills such as communication, team working, reflective practice, research methods and presentation skills. English, maths and digital content are embedded and contextualised within the qualification content.
What students say
What employers say
Find out more
To discuss more about our T Level offering from September 2024, please contact us on 01709 513355, or send us an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Click on the T Level title below to find out more:
Apply for the Animal Care and Management T Level here soon
(Delivered at Dearne Valley College)
Students will develop an understanding of a broad range of issues relevant to the sector, including:
- Sustainability, including environmental legislation, sustainable development, climate change and waste management principles
- The principles of biosecurity
- Employment rights and responsibilities and progression opportunities within the sector
- Ethical principles
- The supply chain and principles of stock management
- Business organisations, enterprise skills and project management
- Characteristics protected by equality legislation
- Principles of customer care
- Health and safety
- Information and data
Options to specialise:
In addition to the core content, each student will also complete at least one module of occupation-specific content.
The specialisms available in the Animal Care and Management T Level are:
- Animal management and behaviour
- Animal management and science