Gain confidence and develop a range of drawing techniques using the figure as inspiration. Explore drawing methods that describe tone, form and volume of the figure in space, and drawing techniques using pencil, graphite, charcoal, pastel, pen/brush and ink.
Drawing directly from the nude, you will work from a number of both short and long poses ranging from five minutes to 2 hours. You will work through exercises using line and tone to define light and shade, positive and negative space, depth, weight and form. Learn to use measurements to help you achieve a greater understanding of human anatomy and proportion.
This course is 3 hours per week for 6 weeks in the evening.
You will study a range of topics including:
- Line weight and contour drawing.
- Tone and form to describe light and shade
- Mark-making with a range of media
- Positive and negative space
- Measuring techniques
- You will work in our dedicated life drawing studio with professional easels and equipment
- You will be taught by an experienced artist
- You will develop skills in drawing the human figure from life
You’ll learn in fantastic facilities including our fashion studios, using printing resources and machining equipment.
Taught by a top team of talented and specialised staff, we have links with several industry specialists.
We pride ourselves on providing a supportive and constructive environment.
You can apply using our online application form and clicking the Apply Now button at the top of this page. For more information support with your enquiry or application please contact Student Services by emailing email@example.com or by calling 01709 362111.
- 16-18 year olds do not need to pay course fees
- Those aged 19 or over may not need to pay fees depending on their circumstances. Find out if you qualify here.
Paper and media will be provided for all activities. Should you wish to work larger than A1 there may be an additional contribution.
“I feel much more supported and have opened up more here. I get involved in sports now, as they adapt the activities to enable me to join in. I just love it here; we have a great laugh.”Jacob Hunter FLEX student
We make every effort to ensure information within our online course directory is accurate and a true representation of the courses we are offering in 2022-23 or 2023-24. However, we do reserve the right to make changes if necessary.