Industry placements are a short-term commitment between employers and students that see our students complete a work placement of 315-hours (40 days) within your business.
Industry placements are a fantastic way for your business to:
- Help nurture and develop talent
- Increase capacity
- Bring in extra resource for specific projects
- Bring in people with imaginative, new ideas and different skills
Each industry placement is 315-hours (40 days). This can be in one ‘block’ placement or split over a number of weeks to suit you.
You are not required, or expected, to pay the student during their placement, although many employers do choose to help with travel costs.
We’re committed to working with local employers to provide opportunities for our students to gain real-world experience and opportunities in their chosen industry. We’ll work with you to identify the right student, from the right full-time course, to undertake a placement with your business.
We’ll ensure that our student knows the levels of professionalism and conduct that is expected of them on their placement and will be on-hand to offer support and guidance to both employers and students throughout the placement.
A Skills and Employability Tutor will be on hand to develop the student’s employability skills and coordinate their attendance with you.
What will the student do?
Students will be from our Level 2 and 3 courses and will be specifically chosen based on your industry. We are looking for opportunities for them to gain the skills they need to progress their career and successfully enter their chosen industry.
They may support you with:
- Practical tasks under supervision
- Shadow and assist skilled staff
- Support specific projects
- Help with administration
- Students can transfer to an apprenticeship at any time
Receiving the grant
- Before our students can begin a work placement we will need to complete a health and safety assessment and receive a copy of the relevant insurance certificates
- The College will complete all relevant paperwork
- You will receive 50% of the grant at the start of the placement and 50% once the placement is complete
- The grant can only be used on cost associated with the placement such as time spent training, additional equipment required and any pre-placement training
- Placements must be between Sept 2020 and Aug 2021