The aviation sector plays a key role in the UK economy, contributing around £80 billion each year. The aviation industry has grown significantly since 2008, Brexit and post pandemic is seeing a huge upturn in travel, airport tourism and hospitality and therefore a huge requirement to increase the workforce. It employs around 200,000 people and offers career openings in a range of areas, including aircraft handling, aircraft movement, flight operations and passenger services. The aviation sector is key to creating and supporting global connectivity for people, goods and services in all sectors, it is particularly significant in creating the infrastructure for inward and outward tourism, which is £34 billion.
This programme focuses on Aviation Operations. Students will gain an in-depth knowledge of the day to day operation of aviation facilities and the aviation sector. Students will develop leadership skills, operational skills and an understanding of aviation terminology. Students will develop the necessary knowledge, skills and behaviours which will enable them to progress in to an exciting aviation career. Students will also receive access to our flight school and the opportunity to experience life on a functioning aviation facility.
You will study a range of topics including:
- UK Aviation
- Health & Safety in Aviation
- Security in Aviation
- Inter-relationships within Aviation in the UK
- Development of the UK Aviation Industry Since 1945
- Aviation Geography and Terminology
- Customer Service in the Aviation Industry
- Team Leadership
- Managing Conflict in Aviation
- Marketing in the Aviation Industry
- E-Business for Airlines
- Human Resources in the Aviation Industry
- Prep for Employment in Aviation Industry
- Airport and Airline Operations
- Passenger Terminal Management Within the Aviation Industry
- Research issues in Aviation
- Handling Air passengers
- Airfield Operations
- Bird and Wildlife Control on Airports and Airfields
- Access to our exclusive flight school
- Industry based staff with access to a working airfield
- Great progression opportunities
- 5 GCSEs at Grade 4 or above, including English and Maths
- A successful interview
You can apply using our online application form and clicking the Apply Now button at the top of this page. For more information support with your enquiry or application please contact Student Services by emailing email@example.com or by calling 01709 362111.
16-18 year olds do not need to pay course fees.
If you need further advice or guidance please contact the Enquiries Team on 01709 362111.
“I feel much more supported and have opened up more here. I get involved in sports now, as they adapt the activities to enable me to join in. I just love it here; we have a great laugh.”Jacob Hunter FLEX student
We make every effort to ensure information within our online course directory is accurate and a true representation of the courses we are offering in 2024 – 25. However, we do reserve the right to make changes if necessary.