This course will support Senior Healthcare Support Workers to assist registered practitioners delivering healthcare services to people.
As an experienced support worker, you will carry out a range of clinical and non-clinical healthcare or therapeutic tasks mostly under the supervision of the registered healthcare practitioner.
At times you will also be in a role of supporting new staff, students on placement or more junior staff to develop their skills.
You will study a range of topics including:
- Health and Wellbeing
- Duty of Care and Candour, Safeguarding, Equality and Diversity
- Person Centred Care, Treatment and Support
- Personal, People and Quality Improvement
- Health, Safety and Security
You will have the option to specialise and choose a pathway to suit your job role from:
- Adult Nursing Support
- Theatre Support
- Allied Health Profession – Therapy Support
- When you study with us you will be taught by staff with a wealth of experience from the sector. They will support your professional development
- The course is delivered via blended learning, online, and face to face within groups and on a one-to-one basis
- Attending College will give you the opportunity to share best practice and your experiences with your peers
- You will be given access to all College facilities, including our enrichment programme, and will be issued with a Student card
- You will work with employers to gain hands-on experience in the Adult Care sector and earn a salary while you learn
- You will learn new Knowledge, Skills and Behaviours and be able to transfer these skills into your working practice
- Access to a highly qualified Functional Skills team that will provide any support you need with your English and maths
- GCSE English and Maths Grade C or 4 and above or equivalent
- Successful interview and initial diagnostic tests
You can apply using our online application form and clicking the Apply Now button at the top of this page. For more information support with your enquiry or application please contact Student Services by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling 01709 362111.
- Level 5 Healthcare Assistant Practitioner
- Level 5 Nurse Associate
- Access to Nursing
The fees for all apprenticeships are paid for by your employer. Employers access funding through the Apprenticeship Levy or their Digital Apprenticeship Service account. Employers can gain additional information from our apprenticeship team, contact email@example.com or call 01709 513147.
“My tutors are really supportive. I like learning about a range of in-depth topics relating to my course.”Aimee Winstanley Level 3 Health and Social Care, Former student at De Warenne Academy
We make every effort to ensure information within our online course directory is accurate and a true representation of the courses we are offering in 2021-22 or 2022-23. However, we do reserve the right to make changes if necessary.