Are you passionate about working outdoors and growing plants for food, gardens and community areas?
The course is designed to meet the needs of industry employers and focuses on skills and behaviours that will give you the best opportunity to be successful when applying for work.
You will study a range of topics including:
- Plant Propagation
- Hard Landscaping
- Turf Care
- Planting Trees and Shrubs
- Uses and maintenance of horticultural machinery
Passionate about working outdoors and growing plants for food, gardens and community areas? Do you want a career in horticulture?Then this is the course for YOU!
It is designed to meet the needs of industry employers and focuses on skills and behaviours that will give you the best opportunity to be successful when applying for work
- Learn from industry- experienced and well qualified tutors
- New and industrial standard growing areas
- Opportunity to complete in the ‘World Skills competitions’
- We have links with local and national charities such as TCV, RSPB and Manvers Lake Trust to enable our learners to experience life working in natural spaces, alongside our own 12-acre broadleaf woodland.
4 GCSEs at Grade 3 or above to include English and Maths orA Level 1 Vocational Qualification plusEnglish and Maths at Functional Skills Level 1
Mature learners with related work experience will be evaluated on an individual basis
You can apply using our online application form and clicking the Apply Now button at the top of this page. For more information support with your enquiry or application please contact Student Services by emailing email@example.com or by calling 01709 513355.
Level 3 Extended Diploma in Countryside Management
- 16-18 year olds do not need to pay course fees
- Those aged 19 or over may not need to pay fees depending on their circumstances. Find out if you qualify for help with fees.
You will be required to purchase a DVC land-based uniform, consisting of 2 polo shirts, a hoody and a waterproof jacket. Safety Work
“I feel much more supported and have opened up more here. I get involved in sports now, as they adapt the activities to enable me to join in. I just love it here; we have a great laugh.”Jacob Hunter FLEX student
We make every effort to ensure information within our online course directory is accurate and a true representation of the courses we are offering in 2022-23 or 2023-24. However, we do reserve the right to make changes if necessary.