As a Plumbing and Domestic Heating Technician you will plan, select, install, service, commission and maintain all aspects of plumbing and heating systems.Customer service skills and being tidy and respectful are important qualities as you can often find themselves working in customers’ homes as well as on building sites.
You will study a range of topics including:
- Health and Safety
- Core Plumbing Systems
- Electrical Components and Control Systems
- Plumbing Science and Processes
- Principles of Environmental Technology Systems
- Principles of Fossil Fuels
- Customer Service
- You will work with employers to gain hands-on experience in your industry and earn a salary while you learn
- You will learn from our industry-experienced tutors
- You will be taught in purpose-built, industry-standard facilities
- You’ll participate in industry competitions such as Skill Build, World Skills and Inter-college challenges
- You will learn new skills, knowledge and behaviours and be able to transfer these skills
- You will have access to a highly qualified functional skills team
- You will have access to all College facilities and be issued with a student card
- GCSE English and Maths (A-C) or Level 2 Functional Skills qualifications
- You would normally be expected to have completed a Level 2 Apprenticeship in Plumbing or a Level 2 qualification in Plumbing
- You will also undertake initial diagnostic tests and interview before starting the course
- Other relevant experience and qualifications will be considered on an individual basis
You can apply using our online application form and clicking the Apply Now button at the top of this page. For more information support with your enquiry or application please contact Student Services by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling 01709 362111.
Level 4 Construction Site Manager Apprenticeship
The fees for all apprenticeships are paid for by your employer. Employers access funding through the Apprenticeship Levy or their Digital Apprenticeship Service account. Employers can gain additional information from our apprenticeship team, contact email@example.com or call 01709 513147.
You will require PPE clothing including work trousers and safety shoes or boots.
“I get to learn new skills that will help me get a job doing something I enjoy.”Alexei Johnson Level 2 Bricklaying, former student at Wingfield Academy
We make every effort to ensure information within our online course directory is accurate and a true representation of the courses we are offering in 2022-23 or 2023-24. However, we do reserve the right to make changes if necessary.