If you dream of becoming a singer, dancer or all-round performer, then Level 3 Musical Theatre and Dance is the right course for you.
Musical Theatre and Dance are the key disciplines studied on this pathway and involve a rigorous and challenging study package to give you industry-standard skills needed to succeed. These skills include; jazz, contemporary, anatomy, body conditioning, drama analysis, devising your own work to singing and music theory.
You will also work towards small and large scale productions and take part in a range of industry experiences including flash-mobs, competitions, workshops and theatre trips.
This exciting course will provide professional training enabling you to access a range of higher education and career options.
The full extended diploma is two years long.
- Body Conditioning
- Anatomy and Fitness
- Devised Theatre
- Scripted Musical
- Drama Analysis
- Vocal Technique
- Acting Through Song
- Music Theory
- Sight Singing
- Ensemble and Solo Performance
- Performance Skills
- Barcelona Residential Trip
- Workshops with industry professionals and companies such as Northern School of contemporary dance, Royal
- Academy of Dramatic Art and Urdang.
- Links with Sheffield Theatres, Phoenix Dance Theatre, CAST, Doncaster as well as a host of community links.
- Strong links with Liverpool institute of Performing Arts (LIPA).
- Theatre trips to Sheffield Theatres
- Inter-college competitions
- Industry professional subject specific staff, all have worked in tv, film, theatres and cruise ships allowing for really high quality teaching and learning
- Four GCSEs at grade 4 or above including English or a performing arts related Level 2 qualification with a Merit grade and GCSE English grade 4 or above
- Audition and Interview process
You can apply using our online application form and clicking the Apply Now button at the top of this page. For more information support with your enquiry or application please contact Student Services by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling 01709 362111.
Higher Education (including dance and drama schools).
- 16-18 year olds do not need to pay course fees
- Those aged 19 or over may not need to pay fees depending on their circumstances. Find out if you qualify.
Uniform for all performers consists of:
- Black t-shirt or leotard with black bottoms and black jazz shoes.
- Ladies black or tan character shoes are desired but not essential for work in heels.
- All Students will be required to pay a £35 enrichment fee at the start of the course to cover materials, performance costs and workshops. Students in receipt of bursary may be eligible for financial support through the college student services.
“College provides me with the skills and experience I need to progress onto university.”Sam Simmons Level 3 Music Performance Former student at Wingfield Academy
We make every effort to ensure information within our online course directory is accurate and a true representation of the courses we are offering in 2024- 25. However, we do reserve the right to make changes if necessary.