This one-year course will help you develop the skills necessary to get on the music industry career ladder. You will develop your confidence as a musician or music technologist so you can go on to perform, produce or study further with us. You will learn about musical theory, music business and work towards a series of live public performances or studio productions.
You will develop your performance skills by undertaking or performing a technical role in a number of performance projects culminating in a series of live public performances. This course is one or two years long.
You will study a range of topics including:
- Music theory
- Studio recording
- Live performances
- Music business
- Work in the Roland Academy with industry-standard equipment and software
- Gain vital work experience by participating in live public performances
- The course has excellent academic success rates and prides itself on how students secure a range of employment opportunities or move on to study at Level 3 upon completion
- Teamwork is pivotal to the modern music industry and our programme is specially designed to enable students from technology and performance pathways to study together and combine your skills.
- Four GCSEs at grade 3 or above including English and Maths or a Level 1 qualification in music
- A competent practical knowledge of your instrument or music technology
You can apply using our online application form and clicking the Apply Now button at the top of this page. For more information support with your enquiry or application please contact Student Services by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling 01709 362111.
- Level 3 Music Performance
- Level 3 Music Technology
- 16-18 year olds do not need to pay course fees
- Those aged 19 or over may not need to pay fees depending on their circumstances. Find out if you qualify.
“College provides me with the skills and experience I need to progress onto university.”Sam Simmons Level 3 Music Performance Former student at Wingfield Academy
We make every effort to ensure information within our online course directory is accurate and a true representation of the courses we are offering in 2024 -25. However, we do reserve the right to make changes if necessary.