The Level 3 Light Vehicle Maintenance and Repair Principles course will support you to continue to develop the practical skill and advanced knowledge and of motor vehicle systems, delivered within our specialist automotive workshops.
This course is designed to provide you with a stepping-stone into Higher Education and degree-level courses or employment in the industry.
You will study a range of topics including:
- Chassis Systems
- Electrical Systems
- Fault Diagnosis and Repair
- Routine Servicing and Maintenance
- Access to modern motor vehicle facilities including our dedicated automotive workshops reflecting real work environments
- Expert teaching by our Automotive Industry-Experienced Tutors
- Regular work placements within local businesses to embed your skills and enhance your CV
- Additional skills in employability to prepare you for the workplace
- Participation in visits to workplaces within the Engineering Industry and guest speaker sessions with industry experts.
- 2 GCSEs in English and Maths, with a grade 4 or above
- Level 2 Light Vehicle Maintenance and Repair
- Successful interview with a course tutor where you must be able to demonstrate a strong willingness and commitment to this programme of study.
You can apply using our online application form and clicking the Apply Now button at the top of this page. For more information support with your enquiry or application please contact Student Services by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling 01709 513355.
A higher-level or degree-level course in Engineering at a University.
- 16-18 year olds do not need to pay course fees
- Those aged 19 or over may not need to pay fees depending on their circumstances. Find out if you qualify here.
You will be required to purchase safety boots, overalls and a padlock.
“I enjoy the hands-on learning and challenging myself to achieve my best.”Eve Hardwick Level 2 Motor Vehicle
We make every effort to ensure information within our online course directory is accurate and a true representation of the courses we are offering in 2021-22 or 2022-23. However, we do reserve the right to make changes if necessary.