Our staff are experienced tutors and assessors with a wealth of experience across the health and social care sector. They will support your professional development.
Attending this course will give you the opportunity to meet other people studying your course allowing you to build your professional network and share best practice and ideas within your job role.
You will have access to the University Centre and College facilities and be issued with a student card.
You will work with employers to gain hands-on experience in the sector and earn a salary while you learn.
You will learn new Knowledge, Skills and Behaviours and will be able to transfer these skills into your working practice.
You will also have access to highly qualified Functional Skills team providing support with your English and Maths
You will study a range of topics including:
- Leadership and management roles and responsibilities
- Governance and quality assurance
- Working with others
- Person-centred practice for positive outcomes
- Professional development, supervision and performance management
- Safe ways of working, protection and risk
- Managing and developing self
- Vision and strategy
- Recruitment, selection and retention
- Coaching and Mentoring
- Mental Capacity
- You are the current manager of a community or residential based service i.e. registered manager, deputy or assistant manager
- Four GCSEs at grade 3 or above including English and Maths. There is also the opportunity to study for English and Maths qualifications if you do not already hold them at the required level
- A clear Disclosure and Barring (DBS) certificate
You can apply using our online application form and clicking the Apply Now button at the top of the page.
- Registered Manager within a Care Home or adult caring profession
- Deputy Manager within a Care Home or adult caring profession
- Assistant Manager within a Care Home or adult caring profession
- Care Broker
- Case Manager
A CPD journal must be collated throughout the apprenticeship evidencing all learning undertaken whilst on programme.
“My tutors are really supportive. I like learning about a range of in-depth topics relating to my course.”Aimee Winstanley Level 3 Health and Social Care, Former student at De Warenne Academy
We make every effort to ensure information within our online course directory is accurate and a true representation of the courses we are offering in 2023/24. However, we do reserve the right to make changes if necessary.