This course is suitable for beginners (learners with no prior knowledge) or learners with some previous knowledge. You will gain basic knowledge of craft skills to include: accurate measuring, folding & burnishing, matt & layering, how to use latch hooks/proggy pegs and uv resin. Learners will also gain knowledge of the terminology used within the different crafting medium.
- Gain confidence and skills in being able to produce a variety of crafted projects, using materials readily available in local stores or home.
- Expand interests and attitudes in the area of craft related activities
- Be able to follow and understand instructions to produce a project
- Use a variety of materials, readily available.
- Develop interpersonal, soft and transferable skills for personal growth
- Develop skills outside their comfort zone
- Share own prior knowledge
This course will give you a basic introduction to arts and crafts acting as a stepping stone to more complex community or academic courses; and encourage family relationships and employment possibilities.
Interest in arts and crafts
You can apply using our online application form and clicking the Next Step button at the top of this page. For more information support with your enquiry or application please contact Student Services by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling 01709 722806.
This course is free
1 day workshop for 2.5 hours – Thursday 3rd August 12.30 – 2.00pm
“I feel much more supported and have opened up more here. I get involved in sports now, as they adapt the activities to enable me to join in. I just love it here; we have a great laugh.”Jacob Hunter FLEX student
We make every effort to ensure information within our online course directory is accurate and a true representation of the courses we are offering in 2023-24. However, we do reserve the right to make changes if necessary.