This course is perfect for those looking to pursue a career as an employed or self-employed Hairdresser/Stylist.
You will be taught by experienced industry professionals and gain hands-on practical experience in our commercial on-site salons and learn the necessary skills to become a senior Hairdresser/Stylist.
You will study a range of topics including:
- Supervisory Skills
- Client Consultation
- Creative Styling Including Bridal and Long Hair
- Creative cutting Techniques
- Creative colouring techniques
- Health and Safety
- Advanced consultation
- Learn from industry-experienced and well-qualified tutors who have many years of industry experience, and continue to work in the sector. They have specialist qualifications and knowledge to bring to their teaching
- Gain practical skills within our commercial and training hair and beauty salons
- Benefit from our links with local hair salons and employers
- Enrichment opportunities include internal competitions, customer care and product research
- Take part in cross college events and competitions
- Level 2 qualification or equivalent in Hairdressing
- GCSE grade 3 or above in English
- GCSE English and Maths qualifications can be completed alongside this course
You can apply using our online application form and clicking the Apply Now button at the top of this page. For more information support with your enquiry or application please contact Student Services by emailing email@example.com or by calling 01709 362111.
- Level 4 Hairdressing courses
- Industry-standard short courses
- 16-18 year olds do not need to pay course fees
- Those aged 19 or over may not need to pay fees depending on their circumstances. Find out if you qualify.
You will be expected to purchase a uniform and kit (further details will be provided at interview) and pay for educational visits which form part of the course.
“I enjoy coming to college and learning new skills to further my hairdressing career.”Ellie Reek Level 2 Hairdressing Former student at Swinton Academy
We make every effort to ensure information within our online course directory is accurate and a true representation of the courses we are offering in 2024 – 25. However, we do reserve the right to make changes if necessary.