This course is ideal for those looking to pursue a career as an employed and/or self-employed makeup artist in the media, theatre, fashion and photographic industries. You will develop practical skills in make-up, hair and body art plus the knowledge and understanding to plan and produce an overall look to participate in competition work.
You will also develop your communication and customer service skills, all of which are highly valued by employers.
You will study a range of topics including:
- Make-up Applications
- Hair Preparation
- Fashion and Editorial Makeup
- Face and Body Art
- Health and Safety
- Eye treatments
- Client care and communications
- Style and dress hair
- Make and style hair additions
- Create and image based on a theme
- Anatomy and physiology
- Gain practical experience with a work placement within a hair and make-up salon
- Learn from industry-experienced and well-qualified tutors who have many years of industry experience and continue to work in the sector. They have specialist qualifications and knowledge to bring to their teaching
- Benefit from our links with external employers and production companies
- Enrichment opportunities include topics such as resilience, healthy eating and customer care
- You will have the opportunity to attend masterclasses and workshops with industry specialists in subjects such as special fx, make up, body art
- You will have opportunity to gain work experience to enhance your CV
- You will have opportunity to gain extra skills in enrichment days
- Attend trips such as the IMATs and MUA exhibitions
- A successful interview and workshop with a course tutor
- GCSE English and Maths qualifications can be completed alongside this course
- Flexibility to work on location in the evenings and weekends
You can apply using our online application form and clicking the Apply Now button at the top of this page. For more information support with your enquiry or application please contact Student Services by emailing email@example.com or by calling 01709 362111.
- Level 3 Hair and Media Make-up
- Level 3 Hairdressing
- Level 2 Beauty Therapy
- Level 2 Nails
- 16-18 year olds do not need to pay course fees
- Those aged 19 or over may not need to pay fees depending on their circumstances. Find out if you qualify.
You will be expected to purchase a uniform and kit (further details will be provided at interview) and pay for educational visits which form part of the course.
“I feel much more supported and have opened up more here. I get involved in sports now, as they adapt the activities to enable me to join in. I just love it here; we have a great laugh.”Jacob Hunter FLEX student
We make every effort to ensure information within our online course directory is accurate and a true representation of the courses we are offering in 2024 – 25. However, we do reserve the right to make changes if necessary.