Do you want to develop your maths skills? This course will help you to build your confidence and independence at home and at work. With sessions from Entry 1 to Level 1, these qualifications cover everything from the very basics to more advanced skills. This is a great course for those wanting to progress their career or support children with their homework.
This course is free to those in receipt of a means tested benefit or those without a maths and English qualification. If you currently hold a maths and English qualification and would like to improve your grade there is a £362.00 cost per course.
- Multiplication and division
- Calculating area, volume and capacity
- Graphs and charts
- Fractions, decimals and percentages
- Problem solving
- Measure and ratio
- Our tutors will support you in your studies
- You will be able to use our computer facilities
- Use the College facilities such as Library, Careers lounge, free WiFi, Advice and Guidance, Counselling and Mentoring
There are no entry requirements needed but you will need to attend an initial assessment session to determine what level you are to be offered.
You can apply using our online application form and clicking the Apply Now button at the top of this page. For more information support with your enquiry or application please contact Student Services by emailing email@example.com or by calling 01709 362111.
- Vocational courses
- Those aged 19 or over may not need to pay fees depending on their circumstances. Find out if you qualify here.
“I’m doing this for myself, to improve my skills and so I have better opportunities. To anyone who thinks they’re too old to study I would say: it’s never too late to chase your dreams.”Magdalena Marnowska Functional Skills in Maths and English
We make every effort to ensure information within our online course directory is accurate and a true representation of the courses we are offering in 2021-22 or 2022-23. However, we do reserve the right to make changes if necessary.