Our staff have strong links with industry and the qualification has been designed with employers at the heart of its content. We use state-of-the-art equipment and industry-standard software. We also have a range of real-life projects that you will be invited to work on as part of your programme.
- Games Design Theory
- 3D Environments for Computer Games
- Introduction to Games Mechanics
- Visual Concepts for Games
- 3D Modelling
- Game Design Project
- 3D Character Modelling
- Advanced Gameplay Development
- Animation Techniques
- Group Game Design Project
- Human Computer Interfaces for Computer Games
- Sound Design for Games
- GCSE Maths and English at grade C/4 or equivalent
- 64 UCAS points from a minimum of two A Levels (or equivalent) in a related subject or 60 Access to HE credits (of which a minimum of 45 must be at Level 3) in a related subject
- Applicants who lack formal qualifications will be set an appropriate piece of work that will take into account their academic potential and relevant experience
- Applicants may also be admitted with credit for prior certified learning (APcL) or work/life experience or other uncertified learning (APeL)
- All applicants who are non-native English speakers, or who have not studied the final two years of school in English, must have an IELTS score of 6.0 or above
- All applicants will attend a 1 week summer school.
You can apply using our online application form and clicking the Apply Now button at the top of the page.
Upon successful completion of this course you could go into employment as a Games Designer, Games Animator, Level Editor, Assistant Producer or Creative Director.
Alternatively, you can progress onto further education to top-up your degree.
“I'm enjoying meeting new people with similar interests.”Justin Hamlet Level 2 Games Animation, Former student at Oakwood High School
We make every effort to ensure information within our online course directory is accurate and a true representation of the courses we are offering in 2023/24. However, we do reserve the right to make changes if necessary.