Begin your career within the health and social care sector and develop the skills and knowledge you need to set yourself on a pathway towards becoming a Nurse, Midwife, Support Worker, Social Worker or health professional.
During this course you will have the opportunity participate in a placement within the sector, which will help you build the experience and confidence to pursue your future career.
- Effective Communication and Professional Practice
- Individual’s Rights and Needs within Health and Social Care
- Anatomy, Physiology and Human Development
- Work Placements in Vocational Settings
- Regular work experience placements (typically one day per week) in an adult care setting
- Opportunities to plan and manage fundraising activities for charity
- Guest speakers visits from representatives from the health and social care sector to provide you with valuable insights into the work
- Support to develop your English and maths skills
- One GCSE at grade 4 or above plus three GCSEs at grade 3 or above, preferably to include English or a Level 1 Diploma in Health and Social Care and a reference from the course tutor
- A clear Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check
- Positive references and interview with a tutor
You can apply using our online application form and clicking the Apply Now button at the top of this page. For more information support with your enquiry or application please contact Student Services by emailing email@example.com or by calling 01709 513355.
- 16-18 year olds do not need to pay course fees
- Those aged 19 or over may not need to pay fees depending on their circumstances. Find out if you qualify.
“My tutors are really supportive. I like learning about a range of in-depth topics relating to my course.”Aimee Winstanley Level 3 Health and Social Care, Former student at De Warenne Academy
We make every effort to ensure information within our online course directory is accurate and a true representation of the courses we are offering in 2021-22 or 2022-23. However, we do reserve the right to make changes if necessary.