This will provide you with knowledge and understanding of some key aspects of health and social care and also equip you with a range of study skills to support progression to higher levels. Upon successful completion of the course and achievement of Maths and English GCSE or equivalent you will be able to progress to Access HE Level 3 study.
You will study a range of topics including:
- Developing personal confidence and self-awareness
- Health Promotion in care settings
- Healthy Living
- Understanding ageing and the older person
- Developing a personal exercise programme
- Stress and stress management
- Family relationships
- Research skill
- Presentation software and Data Handling
- Understanding Mental Health
- Human Health and Disease
- Learn from industry-experienced and well-qualified tutors who have spent many years HSC sector, and have specialist qualifications and knowledge to bring to their teaching and support your progression
- Participate in activities to boost your skills and confidence
- Hear from a range of guest speakers when available
- Build your skills, knowledge and behaviours to progress to higher levels of study
- There is also the opportunity to study for English and Maths qualifications if you do not already hold them at the required level.
Screening for English and Maths at Level 2 or GCSE
You can apply using our online application form and clicking the Apply Now button at the top of this page. For more information support with your enquiry or application please contact Student Services by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling 01709 362111.
<p>Diploma in Access HE Level 3.</p>
Those aged 19 or over may not need to pay fees depending on their circumstances. Find out if you qualify.If you need further advice or guidance please contact the Enquiries Team on 01709 362111.
You will be required to study English and Maths.
“My tutors are really supportive. I like learning about a range of in-depth topics relating to my course.”Aimee Winstanley Level 3 Health and Social Care, Former student at De Warenne Academy
We make every effort to ensure information within our online course directory is accurate and a true representation of the courses we are offering in 2024 -25. However, we do reserve the right to make changes if necessary.