It is for candidates who work or want to work as a Site Carpenter in the construction sector.
You will study a range of topics including:
- Health, safety and welfare in construction 21
- Principles of building construction, information and communication
- Carry out first fix flooring and roofing
- Carry out first fix frames, partitions and stairs
- Carry out second fixing operations
- Carry out carpentry maintenance
- Set up and operate a circular saw
You will have the opportunity to:
- Work in industry-standard facilities
- Learn from industry professionals
- Work in close partnership with local businesses
Entry requirements are to have completed a L1 Diploma in Carpentry and Joinery or to have significant practical experience and English and Maths at Grade 4 – GCSE C
You can apply using our online application form and clicking the Apply Now button at the top of this page. For more information support with your enquiry or application please contact Student Services by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling 01709 362111.
- L3 Site Carpentry
- NVQ in Site Carpentry
Those aged 19 or over may not need to pay fees depending on their circumstances. Find out if you qualify.
If you need further advice or guidance please contact the Enquiries Team on 01709 362111.
You will need safety footwear for all practical workshop sessions
“I get to learn new skills that will help me get a job doing something I enjoy.”Alexei Johnson Level 2 Bricklaying, former student at Wingfield Academy
We make every effort to ensure information within our online course directory is accurate and a true representation of the courses we are offering in 2024 -25. However, we do reserve the right to make changes if necessary.