The Media and Photography Level 2 course will provide you with an insight into all aspects of Media and Photography and allow you to develop your practical skills and understanding.
This course will enable you to develop your skills through a series of projects; encouraging the development of ideas, experimentation with visual language and technical skills.
You will be introduced to the work of historical and contemporary photographers and filmmakers which will influence and inform your personal and creative development. Through a varied and exciting range of different assignments, you will start to develop your own visual language and build a creative portfolio.
You will work on numerous projects incorporating all of the skills listed below. This may include live client briefs, work experience opportunities and personal projects. You will produce work to be exhibited at the end of the year and will be encouraged to enter your work into national competitions.
You will study a range of topics including:
- Studio photography
- Traditional photography
- Image / Video Editing Techniques
- Digital photography
- Media production techniques & processes
- Audio skills
- You will create a professional portfolio for progression onto one of our level 3 courses
- On this course, you will work within industry-standard facilities, taught by industry professionals who will guide you on your journey to becoming a creative practitioner
- You will have access to our studio spaces, traditional darkroom, editing suites.
- You will develop your understanding of Canon and Nikon cameras and the Adobe Creative Suite.
- Each year our students have opportunity to attend residential trips which have included visits to Madrid, London, the
- Peak District as well as visits to national galleries and photography festivals
- You will develop employability skills and participate in real life lens-based work experience.
- Four GCSEs at grade 3 or above, ideally including English or maths.
- A completed Level 1 qualification in an arts-related subject
- A portfolio of media / photography-based work
You can apply using our online application form and clicking the Apply Now button at the top of this page. For more information support with your enquiry or application please contact Student Services by emailing email@example.com or by calling 01709 362111.
- Level 3 Photography
- Level 3 Media
- 16-18 year olds do not need to pay course fees
- Those aged 19 or over may not need to pay fees depending on their circumstances. Find out if you qualify.
- Students will need to purchase a portable hard drive and SD card
“Coming to college has allowed me to develop more confidence to help prepare me for my next step in life.”Georgia Whitbread Level 3 Art and Design, Former student at Rawmarsh Community School
We make every effort to ensure information within our online course directory is accurate and a true representation of the courses we are offering in 2024 -25. However, we do reserve the right to make changes if necessary.