Are you passionate about the world of media? Are you ready to embark on an exciting journey that could launch your career in film, television, or the ever-evolving realm of online content creation? Look no further than our exhilarating Level 3 Media course.
Throughout this two-year program, you will have the unique opportunity to dive deep into the captivating worlds of filming, TV production, and radio. Our hands-on approach will unleash your creativity and equip you with the skills needed to excel in all aspects of the media industry. Imagine working on live client briefs, developing innovative short film ideas, and even delving into the captivating realm of documentary filmmaking. Through practical projects and the exploration of relevant theory, you will gain the strongest foundation for future employment in media production, film studies, television production, freelance work, or higher education.
At Rotherham College, we provide an immersive learning experience that mirrors the professional environment. You will have access to cutting-edge industry-standard equipment, including the latest software such as Adobe Creative Cloud. Our TV studio and Radio Booths create a dynamic atmosphere that mimics real-world industry settings, preparing you for the job gaps in the ever-evolving media marketplace. Throughout the course, you will delve into a wide range of captivating topics, including practical media through pre-production, production, and post-production phases. You will explore film production, media/film theory, and the art of creating captivating products for audiences and clients using industry-standard equipment. Additionally, you will immerse yourself in the fascinating world of radio production.
By focusing on different areas of the creative media industry that employers and companies value, we ensure that you develop the skills and expertise that make you stand out in the job market. Each project you undertake will offer a focused study into an important industry area, allowing you to acquire skills applicable to media, film and sound. You will acquire a vast array of skills necessary for a career in the TV and film industry, through a wide variety of creative projects, you will gain hands-on experience and develop essential skills that are sought after by industry professionals.
But that’s not all! Throughout the course, you’ll engage in exciting endeavours such as producing music videos, creating advertisements, developing captivating documentaries, maybe even crafting your own podcasts and short films. You will master the art of working with live TV studios, honing your lighting and camera skills, and gaining proficiency in audio production and editing software. Scriptwriting knowledge and theoretical understanding will further enhance your creative prowess.
Whether you dream of working in film, television, marketing, or the contemporary realms of online content creation like YouTube and social media, our course provides the stepping stone to an exciting career. The media industry is fast-paced, and with your acquired skills, you can pursue various specialisations such as research, screenwriting, project management, editing, post-production, and distribution. The possibilities are limitless!
Upon completion of this full-time, two-year course, you will be well-prepared to thrive in the screen industries. You’ll have the opportunity to develop skills using industry-standard post-production platforms, delve into cinematography, lighting, and sound recording techniques, and explore software packages like Adobe Premiere, After Effects, Photoshop, and Audition. Embrace the world of media, unleash your creativity, and discover the boundless opportunities that await you. Join us on this thrilling journey where your imagination takes centre stage, and your dreams become reality. Enrol onto our Level 3 Media Production (Film/TV) course today and embark on a path to an exhilarating career in the captivating realm of media and entertainment!
You will study a range of topics including:
- Practical media through the phases of pre-production, production and post-production
- Film Production
- Media/film theory
- Create products for audiences and clients using industry-standard equipment
- Radio production
On this course, you will work in industry-standard facilities and be taught by industry professionals
• You will have access to professional standard studios and equipment
• You will work on live client briefs such as a music video for a real band/artist or a promotional video for a company
• You will also write your own film script and make a short film
• You will run your own College radio station and produce audio content for it
• You will work as part of a film crew taking on the roles of media practitioners such as director, producer or editor etc.
• The aim is for you to become a multi-skilled, creative individual, but to also have a specialism
• You will not only gain a qualification but have an excellent CV at the end of the course and work experience in your area of study
• You will have an industry-standard showreel to help you gain employment or progress to Higher Education
• Each year our students have the opportunity to attend residential trips which have included visits to Madrid, London, the Peak District as well as visits to galleries, exhibitions and live tv show recordings.
- Five GCSEs at a grade 4 or above including English Language and Maths
- Or a Level 2 Media related qualification
You can apply using our online application form and clicking the Apply Now button at the top of this page. For more information support with your enquiry or application please contact Student Services by emailing email@example.com or by calling 01709 362111.
BA (Hons) in Media, Media Moving Image and Photography or a relevant course at UCR or another university.
- 16-18 year olds do not need to pay course fees
- Those aged 19 or over may not need to pay fees depending on their circumstances. Find out if you qualify.
Students are required to purchase a 500gb USB hard drive to save their work
32GB SD card to use in camera equipment
“The tutors are helpful and the class sizes are small which allows you to get extra support when needed.”Olaf Tadorowski Level 1 Media and Photography Former student at Saint Pius X Catholic High School
We make every effort to ensure information within our online course directory is accurate and a true representation of the courses we are offering in 2024- 25. However, we do reserve the right to make changes if necessary.