The VTCT Level 2 Certificate in Women’s Hairdressing is a qualification that has been specifically designed to develop your practical skills in; the creative art of cutting and dressing women’s hair, how to effectively shampoo and condition hair and provide a good consultation service for your clients. All aspects of this course are to prepare you to industry expectations
Your program of study will include skills for industry such as:
- Client consultation for hair services
- Shampoo and treat the hair and scalp
- Cut women’s hair into a variety of styles
- The art of dressing hair
- Colour and lighten hair for a variety of finishes
You will study everything from the science behind hair conditions, to chemical services and practical techniques. Our training salons feature industry-standard equipment and products, allowing you to learn in a high-quality and professional working enviroment, which helps prepare you for a successful career.
A good understanding of Maths and English but no formal qualification.
You can apply using our online application form and clicking the Apply Now button at the top of this page. For more information support with your enquiry or application please contact Student Services by emailing email@example.com or by calling 01709 362111.
When you have successfully completed this qualification you will have the opportunity to progress to the following VTCTqualifications:NVQ qualifications :
- Level 2 NVQ Diploma in Hairdressing (Combined Hair Types)
- Level 2 Barbering
- Level 2 NVQ Diploma in Chemically Treated African Hair
- Level 2 NVQ Diploma in Babering African Type Hair
- Level 3 NVQ Diploma in Hairdressing
- Level 3 Award in Cutting Womens Hair
- Level 3 Award in Bridal Hairstyling
- Those aged 19 or over may not need to pay fees depending on their circumstances. Find out if you qualify.
You will be expected to purchase a uniform and kit (further details will be provided at interview) and pay for educational visits which form part of the course.
“I enjoy coming to college and learning new skills to further my hairdressing career.”Ellie Reek Level 2 Hairdressing Former student at Swinton Academy
We make every effort to ensure information within our online course directory is accurate and a true representation of the courses we are offering in 2024 – 25. However, we do reserve the right to make changes if necessary.