This qualification is aimed at learners who want to gain an understanding of the different settings in Health and Childcare before deciding whether working in the sector is for them
- Allows learners to gain the knowledge, understanding and skills required for employment and/or career progression in the sectors
- Allows learners to tailor their learning to their interests through the provision of a broad range of optional units
- Provides opportunities for the development of transferable skills
- Supports progression to Level 2 qualifications in health, social care or children’s settings
- Provides learners with the opportunity to progress to employment, in due course, in a range of job roles in the care sectors.
You will study a range of topics including:
- Awareness of Protection and Safeguarding
- Introduction and awareness of Equality and Diversity
- Introduction to Communication
- Understand Principles and Values of Health and Social Care
- Health and Safety
This qualification provides pathways into the sector for anyone considering a career in health and/or social care/childcare It will not confirm competence in a job role but will provide an opportunity for learners to develop knowledge about the wider health and social care sector before they decide whether working in the sector is for them and gain information to make decisions about career progression.
No formal entry requirments
You can apply using our online application form and clicking the Apply Now button at the top of this page. For more information support with your enquiry or application please contact Student Services by emailing email@example.com or by calling 01709 362111.
Those aged 19 or over may not need to pay fees depending on their circumstances. Find out if you qualify here.If you need further advice or guidance please contact the Enquiries Team on 01709 362111.
You will be required to study Maths and English
“My tutors are really supportive. I like learning about a range of in-depth topics relating to my course.”Aimee Winstanley Level 3 Health and Social Care, Former student at De Warenne Academy
We make every effort to ensure information within our online course directory is accurate and a true representation of the courses we are offering in 2023-24. However, we do reserve the right to make changes if necessary.