You will learn about the varied aspects of business, which will help you understand the many different pathways and opportunities that the industry can offer. The course will introduce you to important core business disciplines and you will also have the chance to study further topics to boost your understanding. You also will undertake a minimum of one week’s work experience in a local business, visit businesses and meet employers to learn more about how business works.
This is a two-year course, Year one is the Level 3 Foundation Diploma in Business and year two is the Level 3 Extended Diploma in Business.
You will study a range of topics including:
- Exploring Business, Developing a marketing campaign, Personal and Business Finance
Plus 5 optional units from a selection of:
You will have the opportunity to:
- Carry out a variety of projects/challenges both in College and in the local community
- Carry out a week’s work experience in a local business
- Visit local businesses and meet local employers to learn more about how business works
- Meet guest speakers who will tell you more about their roles in business
- Develop excellent communication skills and the ability to work as part of a team
- You will also have the opportunity to compete in competitions at local, regional and national levels
- Learn from industry-experienced staff
• Five GCSEs at grade 4 or above including English and Maths. • Level 2 in Business. • A good reference. • Initial diagnostic tests and a personal interview.
You may be able to study the L3 Extended Certificate in Business and study for your Maths if you do not have a grade 4. This will be discussed with you during programme guidance.
You can apply using our online application form and clicking the Apply Now button at the top of this page. For more information support with your enquiry or application please contact Student Services by emailing email@example.com or by calling 01709 362111.
- Level 4 Diploma in Accounting and Business
- Bachelor of arts (Hons) in Business and Management at University Centre Rotherham (UCR) or a related course at another university
16-18 year olds do not need to pay course fees.
If you need further advice or guidance please contact the Enquiries Team on 01709 362111.
You will need notebooks and stationery and come to college fully prepared and ready to learn. You may also be required to contribute to educational visits.
“I feel much more supported and have opened up more here. I get involved in sports now, as they adapt the activities to enable me to join in. I just love it here; we have a great laugh.”Jacob Hunter FLEX student
We make every effort to ensure information within our online course directory is accurate and a true representation of the courses we are offering in 2024 -25. However, we do reserve the right to make changes if necessary.