Level 3 Diploma in Beauty Therapy Treatments is a substantial vocational qualification that will prepare you for a career as a beauty therapist and this qualification is designed to cover all the skills and knowledge required to be a beauty therapist. Once completed, you can continue your studies, or enter employment in a salon/shop/health spa or become self-employed.
You will study a range of topics including:
- Health and Safety practice in the salon
- Client care and Communication in Beauty-related industries
- Working in Beauty related industries
- Provide body massage
- Provide facial electrotherapy treatments
- Provide body electrotherapy treatments
- Provide self-tanning
- Provide Indian head massage
- Apply micro dermabrasion
- Apply individual permanent lashes
- How to recognise skin and nail conditions and the anatomy for carrying out treatments
- You will also learn employability skills such as customer care, communication, team work, time management, health and safety, confidence, self-presentation and interview skills
- Gain practical experience with a work placement within a beauty salon
- Learn from industry-experienced and well-qualified tutors who have many years of industry experience and continue to work in the sector. They have specialist qualifications and knowledge to bring to their teaching
- Benefit from our links with local salons
- Enrichment opportunities include topics such as resilience, healthy eating and customer care
- You will have the opportunity to attend masterclasses and workshops in subjects such as threading, Gel nails, ear candling and much more
- Attend trips such as the Beauty Therapy Trade Show in Birmingham.
- 3 GCSEs at Grade 3 or above and a Level 2 qualification in Hair and Beauty Skills
- GCSE English and Maths qualifications can be completed alongside this course.
You can apply using our online application form and clicking the Apply Now button at the top of this page. For more information support with your enquiry or application please contact Student Services by emailing email@example.com or by calling 01709 362111.
- Level 4 Diploma in Permanent Hair Removal and Skin Rejuvenation
- Level 3 Diploma in Nail Technology Studies
- 16-18 year olds do not need to pay course fees
- Those aged 19 or over may not need to pay fees depending on their circumstances. Find out if you qualify.
You will be expected to purchase a uniform and kit (further details will be provided at interview) and pay for educational visits which form part of the course.
“I enjoy coming to college and learning new skills to further my hairdressing career.”Ellie Reek Level 2 Hairdressing Former student at Swinton Academy
We make every effort to ensure information within our online course directory is accurate and a true representation of the courses we are offering in 2024 -25. However, we do reserve the right to make changes if necessary.