Study at Level 4 (Year 1) and Level 5 (Year 2) will focus on the underpinning business knowledge required to understand how business disciplines interrelate. Level 6 (Year 3) will develop acquired knowledge and abilities to not only become an effective Business Manager, but also the entrepreneurialism to develop a start-up business.
The final year of the programme will develop research, and effective writing of the practical skills utilised to plan a business venture. Each student will develop a business plan and focus on a specialism in either Marketing, Human Resources Management or Accounting. Each student will write a dissertation on the practical skills used and the research required to develop a business venture and to execute it.
This course is validated by the University of Hull.
- The Marketing Planning Process
- Accounting and Finance
- Business Environment
- Introduction to Contemporary Business Practices
- Applications for Contemporary Business Practices
- Introduction to Enterprise
- Engaging with Enterprising Organisations
- Business Law
- Research Methods
- Financial literacy and Awareness
- Managing People
- Integrated Marketing Communications
- Specialism – Finance and Accounts, Marketing, Management/HR
- Business Improvement Strategy
- Business Improvement Action and Control
- Successful completion of a Level 3 programme (three A-Levels at C or above) or a BTEC (or equivalent) with a minimum Merit, Merit, Pass profile
- GCSE English and maths at C/4 or above (or Level 2 equivalent)
- Relevant work experience would also be an advantage and contribute to entry requirements for mature learner entry
You can apply using our online application form and clicking the Apply Now button at the top of the page.
Upon successful completion of this course youcould go into self-employment, join a business start-up, secure a higher role within a businessenvironment such as finance, or become agraduate trainee within an enterprise context.
“I feel much more supported and have opened up more here. I get involved in sports now, as they adapt the activities to enable me to join in. I just love it here; we have a great laugh.”Jacob Hunter FLEX student
We make every effort to ensure information within our online course directory is accurate and a true representation of the courses we are offering in 2023/24. However, we do reserve the right to make changes if necessary.