During the apprenticeship, your employee will study and learn the knowledge, skills and behaviours which will prepare them for their End Point Assessment:
· Legislation, local and national standards, policies, standard operating procedures and protocols used in the workplace
· Holistic assessment of individuals
· Support inter-professional and multi-disciplinary team working
· Communicate effectively with others, including sensitive information
· Develop others through role modelling supervision, guidance and leadership
· Promote health and well-being
· Manage risks to self and others
· Participate in quality improvement and research
· Self-Reflection and Continuous Professional Development
Mandatory qualifications will be completing throughout the course:
· Functional Skills maths and English Level 2 (if applicable)
Foundation Degree Assistant Practitioner (a specialism may be indicated eg mental health, imaging, physiotherapy, rehabilitation, primary care, nursing, etc eg FdSc Assistant Practitioner)
GCSE grade A-C/4-9 or level 2 maths and English equivalent
You can apply using our online application form and clicking the Apply Now button at the top of the page.
Once you have achieved the Higher Apprenticeship, including the Foundation degree, you can apply to Sheffield Hallam to top this up to a full degree in Health and Social Care.
For those Assistant Practitioners who wish to progress into Registered Practice, the apprenticeship can provide credits into some Higher Education programmes aligned to professional registration.
You may also be able to enter Adult Nurse training at year 2. For other branches of nursing please discuss with the tutor and with Sheffield Hallam staff.
You may also be able to progress to Physiotherapy or Occupational Therapy at Sheffield Hallam University. Apprenticeships in these subjects may also be accessed but would need to discuss with the employer.
Previous students have gone into occupation in careers such as:
- Nursing (including Mental Health Nursing and Disability Nursing)
- Occupational Therapy
- Speech and Language Therapy
“My tutors are really supportive. I like learning about a range of in-depth topics relating to my course.”Aimee Winstanley Level 3 Health and Social Care, Former student at De Warenne Academy
We make every effort to ensure information within our online course directory is accurate and a true representation of the courses we are offering in 2023/24. However, we do reserve the right to make changes if necessary.