Our Level 3 National Foundation Diploma in Animal Management is for learners who are intending to gain employment directly, or progress to an Apprenticeship or a higher level Animal Management qualification. It is equivalent to 1 and ½ ‘A’ levels. This course will allow you to progress onto the Level 3 National Extended Diploma in Animal Management (2nd Year) and equip you with the equivalent of 3 A-Levels in 2 years allowing further progression to University or position you well to move into the animal industry directly from its completion.
You will study a range of topics including:
- Animal biology
- Animal welfare and ethics
- Practical animal husbandry
- Animal behaviour
- Animal health and diseases
- Work experience in the animal sector
Do you want to explore specialist sectors in the Animal Care Industry?Then this is the course for you!
The course is designed to ensure that it is appropriate both for those interested in working in the animal sector and those interested in progressing to specialist animal related degrees
Learn from industry-experienced and well-qualified tutors who have spent many years in the animal care sector, and have specialist qualifications and knowledge to bring to their teaching
- Participate in regular work placements to boost your skills
- Take part in cross-cross college events
- Hear from a range of guest speakers e.g. Vet Nurse, Wath Hedgehog Rescue
- Visit the National Horseracing College
Level 2 Diploma in Animal Care (plus):
GCSE Level 4 or above in Maths, Science and English.
5 GCSE level 4 or above to include English, Maths and a Science
- Mature learners with related work experience will be evaluated on an individual basis
You can apply using our online application form and clicking the Apply Now button at the top of this page. For more information support with your enquiry or application please contact Student Services by emailing email@example.com or by calling 01709 513355.
Level 3 Extended Diploma in Animial Management, as a 1 year ‘top-up’ to gain the equivalent of 3 ‘A’ levels, and then progression to HE.
- 16-18 year olds do not need to pay course fees
- Those aged 19 or over may not need to pay fees depending on their circumstances. Find out if you qualify here.
- You may be required to purchase a polo neck t-shirt, hoody, outdoor coat as well as the relevant workbook to support your studies. Boots or Wellingtons are required for Practical sessions. Industry experience:
- During this programme, you will be expected to undertake work experience which will allow you to broaden your knowledge, understanding and skills in practical industry live situations
“I feel much more supported and have opened up more here. I get involved in sports now, as they adapt the activities to enable me to join in. I just love it here; we have a great laugh.”Jacob Hunter FLEX student
We make every effort to ensure information within our online course directory is accurate and a true representation of the courses we are offering in 2022-23 or 2023-24. However, we do reserve the right to make changes if necessary.