This course is suitable for those who wish to start a career in schools as a support assistant. It covers a range of topics to help you develop the knowledge and skills needed to support learning and teaching in the education environment. You will need be either volunteering or working in a school environment for at least one full day per week.
You will study a range of units and be observed in your setting putting theory into practice. These include:
- Safeguarding the welfare of children
- Equality, diversity and inclusion
- Supporting positive behaviour
- Child and young people’s development
- Supporting learning activities
- Supporting children’s health and safety
- Communication and professional relationships with children and adults
- We have excellent year on year results with 98% of our learners passing their qualifications
- We have well qualified teachers who all have experience of working in schools
- We have excellent relationships with our local schools
- The majority of our learners progress into jobs in the sector
- You will be well supported by your tutors and by your schools
- You should be working in a school or have a placement you have organised for a minimum of one full day. You will also need to obtain a full Disclosure and Barring Service certificate (DBS formerly CRB)
- Ideally you should have English GCSE at grade C or above
You can apply using our online application form and clicking the Apply Now button at the top of this page. For more information support with your enquiry or application please contact Student Services by emailing email@example.com or by calling 01709 362111.
- Successful completion of the course enables you to progress on to the Diploma in Specialist Support for Teaching and Learning in Schools
Those aged 19 or over may not need to pay fees depending on their circumstances. Find out if you qualify for help with your fees.
You may be required to purchase a polo shirt and black trousers for your work placements as well as the relevant workbook to support your studies.
“My tutors are really supportive. I like learning about a range of in-depth topics relating to my course.”Aimee Winstanley Level 3 Health and Social Care, Former student at De Warenne Academy
We make every effort to ensure information within our online course directory is accurate and a true representation of the courses we are offering in 2024 -25. However, we do reserve the right to make changes if necessary.