This programme is designed as a first step into the world of Esport and acts as a route into this exciting and inclusive industry. It is designed to build you confidence and enable you to make an informed decision on your next step in your career.
You will study a range of topics including:
- Esport Gaming & Coaching
- Product Branding
- Digital Communication
- Developing an Esport Business
- Designing an Esport Product
- Keeping Active & Healthy
- State of the art Esport facilities
- Highly skilled and knowledgeable staff and coaches drawn from the Esport industry with experience of competing at high levels within their chosen field.
- High quality learning environments that are perfect for bringing out the best in you and your abilities.
- Visits to tournaments and other Esport events regionally and nationally
- Access to retro consoles for retro gaming
- Becoming part of the Dearne Valley ‘Family’ and participating and organising cross College events
- The opportunity to represent the College as part of one its competitive Esport teams competing in regional and national events
- Evidence of a range of qualifications gained at GCSE level 1-3 or similar.
- A passion for gaming and technology
- A positive attitude and a desire to learn and improve.
You can apply using our online application form and clicking the Apply Now button at the top of this page. For more information support with your enquiry or application please contact Student Services by emailing email@example.com or by calling 01709 513355.
BTEC Level 2 Diploma in Esport
- 16-18 year olds do not need to pay course fees
- Those aged 19 or over may not need to pay fees depending on their circumstances. Find out if you qualify here.
You will be expected to provide your own gaming headset. There is an expectation that you will wear a College casual polo shirt and if required a specific College Esport team competition shirt. These can be provided through the College bursary if appropriate.
“I'm enjoying meeting new people with similar interests.”Justin Hamlet Level 2 Games Animation, Former student at Oakwood High School
We make every effort to ensure information within our online course directory is accurate and a true representation of the courses we are offering in 2023-24. However, we do reserve the right to make changes if necessary.