This course is designed to provide you with the broad knowledge, understanding and skill to become a qualified bricklayer. You will also get the opportunity to meet key employers in the trade.
You will study a range of topics including:
- Construction Health and Safety
- The Construction Industry
- Setting Out Masonry Structures
- Construct Solid Walls
- Construct Cavity Walls
- Handle, Move and Store Resources
- Construct Masonry Cladding
You will have the opportunity to:
- Work in industry-standard facilities at our Construction Centre
- Learn from industry professionals
- Develop wider skills such as employability and teamwork
- Undertake work placements wherever possible
- Participate in industry competitions and inter-college challenges
- Level 1 Diploma in Bricklaying
- Other relevant experience and qualifications will be considered on an individual basis
- If you have not achieved at Level 2 in both English and Maths you will also study Functional Skills or GCSE qualifications in English and Maths within your course
- You will also undertake initial diagnostic tests and interview before starting the course
You can apply using our online application form and clicking the Apply Now button at the top of this page. For more information support with your enquiry or application please contact Student Services by emailing email@example.com or by calling 01709 362111.
- Bricklaying Level 3
- A Construction Apprenticeship
- 16-18 year olds do not need to pay course fees
- Those aged 19 or over may not need to pay fees depending on their circumstances. Find out if you qualify for help with fees.
“I get to learn new skills that will help me get a job doing something I enjoy.”Alexei Johnson Level 2 Bricklaying, former student at Wingfield Academy
We make every effort to ensure information within our online course directory is accurate and a true representation of the courses we are offering in 2023-24. However, we do reserve the right to make changes if necessary.