Your progression and next steps are key to ensuring your success! Dearne Valley College offers a Career Coach Service to provide you with information, support, advice and guidance when looking for full-time and part-time employment, further and higher education opportunities, Apprenticeships and more.
Lisa Partridge is the College’s Career Coach. Lisa can support you with your career decisions, improve your employability through a range of services and help you to establish a clearer direction of what you would like to do with your future. Based in room B115, you can drop in, or contact her at email@example.com or ring 01709 513399.
The Career Coach Service
Lisa can help you to improve your employability and secure your next steps, be it employment, training, further or higher education, through:
- Careers advice and guidance
- Support with CV writing and sending
- Support with job and course application forms
- Improving your interview skills with mock interviews
- Support with difficult interview questions
- Support in finding part-time work and volunteering opportunities
- Support in finding full-time employment after your course
- Support in finding and applying for Apprenticeships and Traineeships
- Support to research Higher Education courses
- Support with UCAS applications
- Employer events at the College
- Support and advice if you feel you are on the wrong College course
We have a range of employability resources available to support your job search, please see the buttons on the right of the screen.