This course will support you to develop the skills and discipline needed for further study and a career in the uniformed and non-uniformed public services industry.
You will develop a range of transferable skills such as teamwork, communication, initiative and leadership, sought after by a huge range of employers. You will also be able to undertake additional qualifications to support your studies, such as emergency first aid, canoeing and mountain biking.
- The Role and Work of the Public Sector
- Working Skills in the Public Sector
- Citizenship, Society and the PublicServices
- Crime and its Effect on Society
- Promotion of the Public Sector Provision
- Adventurous Activities in the PublicSector
- Sport and Recreational in the PublicSector
- Land Navigation by Map and Compass
- Carrying out a Project in the Public Sector
Our industry-experienced Tutors have had varied careers in law, outdoor pursuits and served abroad in the armed forces, with some tutors still working as adventurous training experts.
You will take part in action-packed practical activities and pursuits, utilising the fantastic facilities both on-site and at the local Manvers boathouse and lake which offers a huge range of land and water sports and team-building activities.
To support your learning, you will have the opportunity for regular work placements and join in day and residential trips such as supporting the local police force and emergency services with their training activities and scenarios.
- Four GCSEs at grade 4 or above or a relevant Level 1 qualification
- Successful interview with a course tutor
You can apply using our online application form and clicking the Apply Now button at the top of this page. For more information support with your enquiry or application please contact Student Services by emailing email@example.com or by calling 01709 513355.
Upon successful completion, you can progress on to Level 3 Public Services or a related apprenticeship.
- 16-18 year olds do not need to pay course fees
- Those aged 19 or over may not need to pay fees depending on their circumstances. Find out if you qualify here.
“I have met new friends and enjoy doing a variety of activities, including football and rounders.”Abigail Whittaker Level 3 Public Services Former student at Wickersley School
We make every effort to ensure information within our online course directory is accurate and a true representation of the courses we are offering in 2021-22 or 2022-23. However, we do reserve the right to make changes if necessary.