This course focusses on developing knowledge skills and behaviours transferrable within the Plastering Sector.This course allows progression opportunities to Level 2 in Plastering or an Apprenticeship.
You will study a range of topics including:
- Principles of Building Construction, Information and Communication
- Health, Safety and Welfare in Construction
- Prepare Background Surfaces and Mix Plastering Materials
- Applying Scratch Coats to Internal Backgrounds
- Fixing Sheet Materials
- Applying Floating Coats to Wall
- Applying Setting Coats to Wall.
You will learn from passionate industry experienced tutors that make learning energetic and rewarding in state-of-the-art workshops.Work experience will develop knowledge gaps of working as a team. Independent thinking, reflective practice, communication, customer care, problem solving and organisation skills will be developed.Enrichment activities are planned to provide a holistic approach to ensuring you have the opportunity for personal and professional development.A series of skills workshops are designed to provide opportunities for you to increase your practical knowledge and skills, typically alongside Maths and English and Employability to enable progression.There is a variety of competitions to get involved with including the Skills Show at NEC Birmingham, World Build Skills Competition and Inter-College Competitions.
- Maths and English grades between Grade 1-3
- Commitment to the course and a passion for working in Construction
You can apply using our online application form and clicking the Apply Now button at the top of this page. For more information support with your enquiry or application please contact Student Services by emailing email@example.com or by calling 01709 513355.
- Level 2 Plastering
- An Apprenticeship.
- 16-18 year olds do not need to pay course fees
- Those aged 19 or over may not need to pay fees depending on their circumstances. Find out if you qualify here.
Material and tools are provided by the College for practical work, however all learners will need to provide safety footwear, some funding may be available to assist with this.
“I get to learn new skills that will help me get a job doing something I enjoy.”Alexei Johnson Level 2 Bricklaying, former student at Wingfield Academy
We make every effort to ensure information within our online course directory is accurate and a true representation of the courses we are offering in 2021-22 or 2022-23. However, we do reserve the right to make changes if necessary.