Our Level 2 course in Plastering is the ideal starting point for those looking to start their own business or any career within the world of plastering.This course will give you an introduction to the Construction Industry and will support you in continuing to develop your practical plastering skills and a thorough understanding of the underpinning knowledge, before moving on to further study or employment.
You will study a range of topics including:
- Health, Safety and Welfare in Construction and Associated Industries
- Principles of Building Construction, Information and Communication
- Apply Plaster Materials to Interiors
- Fix Dry Lining and Plasterboard Products to Interiors
- Laying Sand and Cement Screeds
- Produce Reverse Moulds for Fibrous Work
- Casting and Fixing Fibrous Plasterwork
- Applying Plastering Materials to External Backgrounds.
- Train within our dedicated Construction Centre, with specialist, industry-standard workshops for Plastering, Painting and Decorating,
- Joinery and Carpentry and Bricklaying
- Fully-experienced teaching team within extensive histories as employed and self-employed construction professionals within their trades
- Access to our huge range of branded products, tools, equipment and technology to support your skills
- Gain additional, vital skills in English and Maths, employability and more to ensure you are fully-prepared for the workplace
- Take part in regular work placements within employers within the local Construction Industry to boost your skills and opportunities
- Participate in industry competitions such as Skill Build, World Skills and Inter-college challenges to build your portfolio
- Throughout the programme you will be supported in upskilling knowledge gaps using resources on Google classroom, multi-media resources, socrative and library resources.
- A Level 1 qualification in relevant subject such as Plastering or Construction
- GCSEs Grade 4 or above in English and Maths
- Commitment to the course and a passion for working in Construction
- Successful interview with a course tutor
- You can study for your GCSE English and Maths alongside this course if you do not already hold the required grades.
You can apply using our online application form and clicking the Apply Now button at the top of this page. For more information support with your enquiry or application please contact Student Services by emailing email@example.com or by calling 01709 513355.
- Level 3 Plastering
- Construction Specialist: Level 3 Plastering Apprenticeship
- 16-18 year olds do not need to pay course fees
- Those aged 19 or over may not need to pay fees depending on their circumstances. Find out if you qualify here.
You will be required to be equipped with Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) clothing including work trousers and safety shoes or boots.
“I get to learn new skills that will help me get a job doing something I enjoy.”Alexei Johnson Level 2 Bricklaying, former student at Wingfield Academy
We make every effort to ensure information within our online course directory is accurate and a true representation of the courses we are offering in 2021-22 or 2022-23. However, we do reserve the right to make changes if necessary.