Do you want to be an actor on stage and screen? Are you the next Jodie Comer, Benedict Cumberbatch or Asa Butterfield? Then you can start your training here with the University of Arts London (UAL) Level 3 Performing Arts: Acting qualification.
This course offers a challenging and exciting exploration of classical and contemporary performance to give you the industry standard skills needed to progress into a Performing Arts career.
You will work towards small and large scale productions and take part in a range of industry experiences including public performance, competitions, workshops and theatre trips. You will study both practical and theoretical principles of acting, such as script work, devising and historical context of theatre, while working with tutors and peers to develop your skills and knowledge.
This innovative course will provide professional training enabling you to access a range of higher education and career options.
The full extended diploma is delivered over 2 years.
- Classical Theatre
- Contemporary Theatre, Movement/Physical Theatre
- Body Conditioning
- Health of the Performer
- Safe Practice
- Practitioners including Stanislavski, Brecht, Laban, Artaud, Boal etc.
- Devised Theatre
- Scripted Work
- Drama Analysis
- Vocal Technique
- Ensemble and Solo Performance
- Audition Technique
- Theatre History and Context
- Performance Skills
- Evaluative and Reflective Writing Skills
- Residential trip to Barcelona (Institute of Arts Barcelona workshops and auditions)
- Workshops with industry professionals and companies such as Royal Academy of Dramatic Art
- Links with Sheffield Theatres, CAST, Doncaster as well as a host of community links
- Strong links with Liverpool institute of Performing Arts (LIPA)
- Theatre trips to Sheffield Theatres
- Inter-college competitions
- You will be taught by industry professional subject-specific staff, all have worked in TV, film, theatres and cruise ships, allowing for high-quality teaching and learning
- Four GCSEs at grade 4 or above including English
- Or a Performing Arts related Level 2 qualification with a Merit grade and GCSE English grade 4 or above
- Interview and audition process
You can apply using our online application form and clicking the Apply Now button at the top of this page. For more information support with your enquiry or application please contact Student Services by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling 01709 362111.
BA (Hons) degree in Performing Arts, Acting, Theatre, Performance.
- 16-18 year olds do not need to pay course fees
- Those aged 19 or over may not need to pay fees depending on their circumstances. Find out if you qualify here.
Uniform for all Performing Arts students consists of black t-shirt, black leggings/tracksuit bottoms or other black trousers that are comfortable and allow for movement, black jumper/hoodie, trainers or jazz shoes.
All students will be required to pay a £35 enrichment fee at the start of the course to cover materials, performance costs and workshops. Students in receipt of bursary may be eligible for financial support through the College student services.
“College provides me with the skills and experience I need to progress onto university.”Sam Simmons Level 3 Music Performance Former student at Wingfield Academy
We make every effort to ensure information within our online course directory is accurate and a true representation of the courses we are offering in 2023-24. However, we do reserve the right to make changes if necessary.