This advanced course is ideal for those looking for a supervisory role in the hospitality industry. Whether you want to become a kitchen, restaurant or bar manager, or start up your own business, this course will give you the leadership skills you need to succeed. You will develop these skills working alongside The Wharncliffe’s Restaurant Manager and be assessed whilst working in the restaurant.
You will study a range of topics including:
- Set objectives and provide support for team members
- Develop working relationships with colleagues
- Contribute to the control of resources
- Maintain the health, hygiene, safety and security of the working environment
- Lead a team to improve customer service
- Supervise food production operations
- Supervise food service
- Contribute to the selection of staff for activities
- Lead and manage meetings
Gain experience working in The Wharncliffe, our commercial restaurant to prepare you for work within this exciting industry. Learn from our industry-experienced tutors who bring a wealth of knowledge to their teaching.
There are opportunities to attend masterclasses and workshops and take part competitions.
- Have a good standard of spoken and written English and hold a Level 2 qualification in a relevant subject
- Be able to multitask
- Be committed, have a good work ethic and be prepared to be flexible and work evenings
- You can study for your GCSE English and Maths alongside this course if you do not already hold the required grades.
You can apply using our online application form and clicking the Next Step button at the top of this page. For more information support with your enquiry or application please contact Student Services by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling 01709 362111.
Foundation Degree in Hospitality and Catering Management
- 16-18 year olds do not need to pay course fees
- 19+ – Depending on your circumstances, you may not need to pay fees
A uniform will need to be purchased for before starting the course. A list of uniform requirements will be provided following successful enrolment.
“I enjoy being in a working environment in the college restaurant and serving customers”Anonymous Level 2 Food and Beverage Services Former student at Winterhill School
We make every effort to ensure information within our online course directory is accurate and a true representation of the courses we are offering in 2023-2024. However, we do reserve the right to make changes if necessary.