We continually invest in modern, state-of-the-art equipment including new mechatronics and Programmable Logic Controller (PLC) facilities.
With industry-experienced tutors, the BTEC HNC and HND in Mechanical Engineering are designed to equip you with the skill set desired by employers within the mechanical engineering industry and provide you with new opportunities for career development.
Level 4 HNC
- Engineering Maths
- Engineering Science
- Properties and Testing
- Mechanical Principles
- Fundamentals of Thermodynamics and Heat
- Machining and Processing of Engineering Materials
- Managing a Professional Engineering Project
- Engineering Design
- Further Maths
- Advanced Mechanical Principles
- Lean Manufacturing
- Professional Engineering Project
- Virtual Engineering
- Advanced Manufacturing Technology
- Research Project
Level 4 HNC entry requirements:
- A relevant Level 3 qualification
- The HND is an 18-month top-up from the HNC Mechanical Engineering. The units gained on your HNC must be transferable to suit the HND matrix.
You can apply using our online application form and clicking the Apply Now button at the top of the page.
Upon successful completion of this course you could go into employment as a Mechanical Engineer, another engineering-related occupation or progress onto an engineering degree.
Completing these higher-level courses will also enhance your career opportunities and progression to supervisor or managerial level roles.
“The course challenges me to work harder and is helping me to pursue my dream of being an underwater welder.”Kyle Maguire Level 2 Fabrication and Welding, former student at Winterhill School
We make every effort to ensure information within our online course directory is accurate and a true representation of the courses we are offering in 2023/24. However, we do reserve the right to make changes if necessary.