Our lecturing staff have a wide range of expertise, having worked in a variety of animal and wildlife conservation-related industries and have many years of experience.
At Dearne Valley College we have access to a range of habitats including woodland and a wildlife pond and the site is located near-by to the beautiful RSPB Old Moor reserve.
You will also get the opportunity to be involved in our land-based retail outlet.
HNC – Level 4
- Animal Health and Welfare
- Business and Business Environment
- Managing a Successful Project
- Endangered Species Conservation
- British Wildlife
- Principles of Ecology and their Applications
- Managing Environmental Resources
- Plant Identification and Classification
- Biological Principles
- Research Project
- Environmental Management and Conservation
- Wildlife Conservation
- Conservation and Biodiversity
- Habitat Restoration and Repair
- Woodland Management
- A BTEC Level 3 qualification in Animal Management, Countryside Management/Equine Management or another relevant subject
- A-Levels demonstrating a strong performance in a relevant science-based subject
- GCSE English and Maths at grade C/4 or above or equivalent
- Mature learners to be assessed on an individual basis dependant upon experience
You can apply using our online application form and clicking the Apply Now button at the top of the page.
Upon successful completion of these courses you could progress onto a ‘Top-up’ course, from which you could graduate with a full BSc (Hons) undergraduate qualification. You could also move into employment as an Animal Keeper, Animal Controls or Health Officer, Countryside ranger, Education Officer, Animal Instructor or Conservation Project Officer. You could also apply for roles in an Animal Lecturer capacity. There are Project Officer and management role opportunities for wildlife rehabilitation clinics, animal centres, environmental charities and ecological surveying organisations.
“One of the best things about college is that you get to meet like-minded people - everyone studying on your course is interested in the same sort of stuff and often have similar motivations.”Emily Puk Level 3 Countryside Management Former student at Wingfield Academy
We make every effort to ensure information within our online course directory is accurate and a true representation of the courses we are offering in 2023/24. However, we do reserve the right to make changes if necessary.