Begin your career within the health and social care sector and develop the skills and knowledge you need to set yourself on a pathway towards becoming a nurse, midwife, support worker, social worker or health professional.During this course you will have the opportunity to go into placement in the sector, which will help you build the experience and confidence to pursue your future career.
You will study a range of topics including:
- Effective Communication and Professional Practice
- Individual’s Rights and Needs within Health and Social Care
- Anatomy, Physiology and Human Development
You will have the opportunity to:
- Organise and carry out fundraising activities for charities
- Hear from guest speakers from various areas of the sectors provide valuable insights into the different services and organisations available in Rotherham
- You will be taught by industry specialists such as practicing nurses
- We also have strong links with the local hospitals, foundation trusts and teaching hospitals
One GCSE at grade 4 or above plus three GCSEs at grade 3 or above, preferably one in English or a Level 1 Diploma in Health and Social Care and a reference from the course tutor.A clear Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check.
Positive references and interview with a tutor.
You can study for your GCSE English and Maths alongside this course if you do not already hold the required grades.
You can apply using our online application form and clicking the Apply Now button at the top of this page. For more information support with your enquiry or application please contact Student Services by emailing email@example.com or by calling 01709 362111.
Level 3 Health and Social Care
16-18 year olds do not need to pay course fees
If you need further advice or guidance please contact the Enquiries Team on 01709 362111.
“My tutors are really supportive. I like learning about a range of in-depth topics relating to my course.”Aimee Winstanley Level 3 Health and Social Care, Former student at De Warenne Academy
We make every effort to ensure information within our online course directory is accurate and a true representation of the courses we are offering in 2024 – 25. However, we do reserve the right to make changes if necessary.