This course is designed to provide you with basic hairdressing and beauty therapy practical skills and knowledge, as well as an insight to the industry.You will gain skills of both the practical application of hair and beauty techniques and the knowledge of treatments and clients. You can also undertake additional qualifications alongside your main programme.Upon completion, if you choose to progress onto further study, you will be able to specialise in either hairdressing or beauty therapy, depending on your strengths and passion.
You will study a range of topics including:
- Induction to the Hair and Beauty Sector
- Personal Presentation
- Shampooing, Conditioning, Styling
- Women’s Hair, Plaiting and Twisting
- Manicure, Pedicure, Skin Care, Facial
- Make-up and Nail Art Treatments
- Salon Reception Duties
- Creating an Image Using Hair and Beauty
- Health and Safety.
- Opportunities to attend specialist hair and beauty masterclasses
- Access to skills workshops in subjects such as ear piercing, barbering, nail art and many others
- Participation in educational visits and competitions such as hair and beauty trade shows and the World Skills UK competition
- Work experience placements within local salons and other settings to build upon your experience.
- Level 1 reading and writing skills
- Good communication skills
- A successful interview with a course tutor.
You can apply using our online application form and clicking the Apply Now button at the top of this page. For more information support with your enquiry or application please contact Student Services by emailing email@example.com or by calling 01709 513355.
- Level 2 Beauty Therapy
- Level 2 Hairdressing
- 16-18 year olds do not need to pay course fees
- Those aged 19 or over may not need to pay fees depending on their circumstances. Find out if you qualify here.
You will be required to purchase a uniform to work in the salons.
“I enjoy coming to college and learning new skills to further my hairdressing career.”Ellie Reek Level 2 Hairdressing Former student at Swinton Academy
We make every effort to ensure information within our online course directory is accurate and a true representation of the courses we are offering in 2021-22 or 2022-23. However, we do reserve the right to make changes if necessary.