You will have many opportunities to take part in commercial work, creating characters on theatre productions, designing high-end fashion make-up for fashion shows and working with medical professionals to create casualty effects. Former students have taken part in Europe’s largest disaster simulation in London.
You will have access to state-of-the-art facilities, equipment and professional products from companies such as Illamasqua, Mistair and Kryolan.
You will study in well-equipped studios and workshops, ranging from make-up, hair and special effects studios, to photography studios, IT suites, as well as access to a comprehensive Virtual Learning Environment (VLE). You will be taught by a team with strong reputations as practicing professional designers or researchers, as well as visiting lecturers, a dynamic programme of industry speakers, and international visits.
Our close links with industry will allow you to have the opportunity to work on a range of live project briefs with many organisations.
This course is validated by the University of Hull.
- Creative Postiche
- Current Trends in Film Hair and Media Make-up
- Mask Design and Construction
- Photographic Materials, Techniques and Processes
- Understanding the Industry of Media Hair and Make-up
- Personal and Professional Development
- Casualty Simulation
- Costume Design
- Work-based Experience
- Special FX Prosthetics with Character Make-up
- TV and Film Hair and Media Make-up
- Wig Making and Design
- A relevant Level 3 qualification
- GCSE Maths and English at grade C/4 or above or equivalent
- Successful interview with a course tutor
- You must be flexible and able to commit to evening and weekend activities on location
- You will be expected to purchase a uniform and kit and pay for educational visits
You can apply using our online application form and clicking the Apply Now button at the top of the page.
Upon successful completion of these courses youcould go into the TV and Film industry, theatre,makeup consultancy or self-employment.
“I feel much more supported and have opened up more here. I get involved in sports now, as they adapt the activities to enable me to join in. I just love it here; we have a great laugh.”Jacob Hunter FLEX student
We make every effort to ensure information within our online course directory is accurate and a true representation of the courses we are offering in 2023/24. However, we do reserve the right to make changes if necessary.