This two-year course will build your competence in welding, you will also gain a relevant qualification that will improve your skills and career opportunities. You will need to be good at solving problems, structuring your workload and enjoy working as part of a team.
You will study a range of topics including:
- Health and Safety
- Working Efficiently and Effectively in an Engineering Environment
- Conducting Business Improvement Activities
- Engineering Environmental Awareness
- Using and Communicating Technical Information
- TIG Welding
- MIG Welding
- Manual Metal Arc
- Plate Work
- Thermal Cutting
- Heat Treatment
- CNC Plasma Cutting
- Carrying Out Heat Treatment of Engineering Materials.
- Preparing and Using Manual Metal Arc Welding Equipment
- Producing Platework Components and Assemblies
- Cutting and Shaping Materials Using Thermal Cutting Equipment
- Employability Skills
- Tutorial Sessions
- Learn from industry-experienced and well qualified tutors who have spent many years in the engineering sector, and have specialist qualifications and knowledge to bring to their teaching
- Participate in regular work placements to boost your skills
- Develop and enhance your employability skills
- Hear from a range of guest speakers from employers on the role of Fabricator Welder
- Participate in regular enrichment activities to improve your knowledge skills and behaviours within the Engineering environment
GCSEs at grade 4 or above English and Maths
You can apply using our online application form and clicking the Next Step button at the top of this page. For more information support with your enquiry or application please contact Student Services by emailing email@example.com or by calling 01709 362111.
- Level 3 Fabricator Apprenticeship
- BTEC Level 3 Extended Diploma in Advanced Manufacturing Engineering
- 16-18 year olds do not need to pay course fees
- Those aged 19 or over may not need to pay fees depending on their circumstances.
Contact the Enquiries Team on on 01709 362111 for advice and guidance
Whilst you are carrying out work within our Practical Workshops, you will require safety footwear and coveralls
“The course challenges me to work harder and is helping me to pursue my dream of being an underwater welder.”Kyle Maguire Level 2 Fabrication and Welding, former student at Winterhill School
We make every effort to ensure information within our online course directory is accurate and a true representation of the courses we are offering in 2024 -25. However, we do reserve the right to make changes if necessary.