Awarded by City & Guilds, this qualification is ideal if you are looking to train as a Dog Groomer.
Working with a qualified Groomer in our dog grooming salon, we emphasise practical training and provide you the knowledge, skills, and experience needed to stand out and progress.
Practical training is supported by online and classroom learning.
Trainee dog groomers will be given the opportunity to gain confidence using professional dog grooming equipment to undertake a range of bathing and grooming techniques. Over the course of the qualification you will cover how to:
- Prepare and groom dogs prior to bathing
- Bathe and clean dogs
- Clean and maintain dog grooming equipment
- Control and restrain animals
- Dry dogs and prepare their coats for styling
- Carry out basic trimming
- Clean and maintain the grooming environment
- You’ll learn in fantastic facilities and be taught by a top team of talented staff
- We pride ourselves on providing a supportive environment. Our class sizes are smaller to ensure that you receive the time and attention you deserve to succeed
- Our teaching team have links with several industry specialists and you’ll undertake a relevant work placement to support your studies and prepare you with the skills for success in the world of work.
- We have an exciting programme of enrichment and guest speakers and our intention is to undertake education visits.
- 4 GCSEs at grade 3 or above to include English and Maths or
- Level 1 Vocational Qualification plus English and Maths at Functional Skills Level 1 or
- Mature learners with relevant and related work experience will be evaluated on an individual
You can apply using our online application form and clicking the Apply Now button at the top of this page. For more information support with your enquiry or application please contact Student Services by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling 01709 513355.
Level 3 Dog Grooming Diploma
- 16-18 year olds do not need to pay course fees
- Those aged 19 or over may not need to pay fees depending on their circumstances. Find out if you qualify here.
During practical sessions you’ll be expected to wear suitable clothing including non-slip flat shoes.
You’ll also be required to purchase your own equipment. This can be purchased through college as a student kit at a discounted price.
"I came to study at Dearne Valley College as the teaching is excellent and has fantastic construction facilities."Brendan Marshall Bricklaying - Former Student of Rawmarsh Community School
We make every effort to ensure information within our online course directory is accurate and a true representation of the courses we are offering in 2021-22 or 2022-23. However, we do reserve the right to make changes if necessary.