This one-year course is designed to provide you with the broad knowledge, understanding and skills to become a qualified Plumber.
Units covered will include:
- Understand and carry out safe working practices in building services engineering
- Understand how to communicate with others within building services engineering
- Understand how to apply environmental protection measures within BSE
- Understand how to apply scientific principles within MES
- Understand and carry out site preparation, and pipework fabrication techniques for domestic plumbing and heating systems
- Understand and apply domestic cold water system installation and maintenance techniques
- Understand and apply domestic hot water system installation and maintenance techniques
- Understand and apply domestic central heating system installation and maintenance techniques
- Understand and apply domestic rainwater system installation and maintenance techniques
- Understand and apply domestic above ground drainage system installation and maintenance techniques
You will have the opportunity to:
- Work in industry-standard facilities
- Learn from industry professionals
- Develop wider skills such as employability and teamwork
- Undertake work placements wherever possible
- Participate in industry competitions and inter-college challenges
- Take part in enrichment activities such as golf, football and other activities
- Work in close partnership with local businesses
- Undertake work experience and meet with key employers in the trade
- Level 1 Plumbing qualification
- GCSE Maths at grade 4, however other relevant experience and qualifications will be considered on an individual basis.
- If you have not achieved Level 2 in both GCSE English and Maths you will also study Functional Skills or GCSE English and Maths alongside your course.
- You will also undertake initial diagnostic tests and interview before starting the course.
You can apply using our online application form and clicking the Apply Now button at the top of this page. For more information support with your enquiry or application please contact Student Services by emailing email@example.com or by calling 01709 362111.
- Plumbing Level 3
- A Plumbing Apprenticeship
- 16-18 year olds do not need to pay course fees
- Those aged 19 or over may not need to pay fees depending on their circumstances. Find out if you qualify.
Whilst you are carrying out work within our Practical Workshops, you will require safety footwear
“I get to learn new skills that will help me get a job doing something I enjoy.”Alexei Johnson Level 2 Bricklaying, former student at Wingfield Academy
We make every effort to ensure information within our online course directory is accurate and a true representation of the courses we are offering in 2024 – 25. However, we do reserve the right to make changes if necessary.