This course is a basic introduction to Creative Writing. It will cover character building, scene setting, generating plot and proofreading.
Areas for study will include:
- Getting started – Write, Write, Write
- The Short Story – Fiction in a Flash
- Style & Shape – Finding your Voice
- Avoiding Cliches – And it wasn’t all a dream
- Putting it all together – On the write track
- Editing – The Cutting Room Floor
- Share the Wealth – TAG, You’re it
Studying creative writing will help you develop confidence and skills when writing for leisure. The creative delivery of this course includes blogs, Google Classroom, plot generators and everything else to give range to your writing in a supportive environment.
You can apply using our online application form and clicking the Apply Now button at the top of this page. For more information support with your enquiry or application please contact Student Services by emailing email@example.com or by calling 01709 362111.
- Please contact the Enquiries Team on 01709
“I’m doing this for myself, to improve my skills and so I have better opportunities. To anyone who thinks they’re too old to study I would say: it’s never too late to chase your dreams.”Magdalena Marnowska Functional Skills in Maths and English
We make every effort to ensure information within our online course directory is accurate and a true representation of the courses we are offering in 2021-22 or 2022-23. However, we do reserve the right to make changes if necessary.