- This qualification is intended for applicants who have already acquired a recognised qualification at Level 2 in counselling skills and want to:
- Take the next step in training to become a counsellor.
- Learn more about counselling theory, ethics and mental health.
- Be prepared for work as a professional counsellor in an agency setting.
- This course is underpinned by the CPCAB Model of Practitioner Development and adopts a person-centred approach to counselling in line with the CPCAB Model of Helping Work and Counselling Practice.
- Preparing to work within an ethical framework for counselling.
- Understanding the counselling relationship.
- Understanding difference and diversity issues to develop empathetic understanding.
- Working within a user-centred approach to counselling.
- Using counselling theory to develop self-awareness in counselling practice.
- Understanding theories of counselling and mental health.
- Using feedback, reflection and supervision to support your counselling studies.
- The course is delivered by subject specialists who are qualified counsellors, clinical supervisors, and members to the British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy (BACP) or National Counselling Society (NCS).
- To help you with your studies, you will have access to Google Workspace for Education, Digital Library, Library (Mon-Fri, 08:30-16:30) and access to Free College Wi-Fi whilst on-campus.
- We encourage all students to apply for financial support, as you may be eligible for a contribution towards travel, equipment, and childcare. For further information, please visit our Financial Help page.
- If you would like Additional Learning Support whilst at college, we have a dedicated and specialist support team who can work with you to create a bespoke ALS Plan. We support students who may have learning difficulties, learning disabilities, as well as medical and/or health conditions. For further information, please visit our Additional Learning Support page.
- We have a dedicated Student Support Team at college, who offer to help and support students who may experience difficult or challenging times. We offer Mentoring, Counselling, Safeguarding and Chaplaincy. For further information, please visit our Health and Wellbeing page.
- Aged 19 and over
- Ability to cope with emotional demands of the course
- CPCAB Level 2 Certificate in Counselling Skills.
You can apply using our online application form and clicking the Apply Now button at the top of this page. For more information support with your enquiry or application please contact Student Services by emailing email@example.com or by calling 01709 513355.
- Those aged 19 or over may not need to pay fees depending on their circumstances. Find out if you qualify here.
“I feel much more supported and have opened up more here. I get involved in sports now, as they adapt the activities to enable me to join in. I just love it here; we have a great laugh.”Jacob Hunter FLEX student
We make every effort to ensure information within our online course directory is accurate and a true representation of the courses we are offering in 2022-23 or 2023-24. However, we do reserve the right to make changes if necessary.