This qualification is designed for those who wish to study computing as a one-year, full-time course, or for those wishing to take it alongside another area of complementary or contrasting study, as part of a two-year, full-time study programme. If taken as part of a programme of study that includes other appropriate BTEC Nationals or A Levels, it supports progression to higher education. Most learners progress onto the second year and complete the BTEC National Extended Diploma in Computing
You will study a range of topics including:
- Principles of Computer Science (Exam)
- Fundamentals of Computer Systems (Exam)
- IT Systems Security and Encryption
- Business Applications of Social Media
- Website Development
- Relational Database Development
Learn from industry-experienced and well-qualified tutors who have spent many years in both teaching and the industry sector. They also have specialist qualifications and knowledge to bring to their teaching
- Participate in work placements to boost your skills
- Take part in cross-college events
- Hear from a range of guest speakers and benefit from our industry specific qualification
- Four GCSEs at grade 4 or above including English and Maths.
- A relevant Level 2 Qualification at grade Merit and ideally Maths and English at GCSE grade.
- There is also the opportunity to study for English and Maths qualifications if you do not already hold them at the required level
You can apply using our online application form and clicking the Apply Now button at the top of this page. For more information support with your enquiry or application please contact Student Services by emailing email@example.com or by calling 01709 362111.
- BTEC National Extended Certificate in Computing
- Access to HE
- 16-18 year olds do not need to pay course fees
- Those aged 19 or over may not need to pay fees depending on their circumstances. Find out if you qualify.
While a uniform is not a necessary requirement we do have Computing ‘Hoodies’ which are available to buy if you wish
“I'm enjoying meeting new people with similar interests.”Justin Hamlet Level 2 Games Animation, Former student at Oakwood High School
We make every effort to ensure information within our online course directory is accurate and a true representation of the courses we are offering in 2024 – 25. However, we do reserve the right to make changes if necessary.